Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Nice to meet you, what do you do?"

Right now I'm in an editing studio in Santa Monica lending my creative input to the editing of Ne-Yo's new video "Part Of The List". Also in the room is the director (Taj), the video's producer (Andrew), director of photography (Alejandro), and the actual editor working the computer (Dean). Sitting here I'm realizing how many people are involved in the creative process of making and maintaining a star. For every person you see in the spotlight, there are countless people behind the scenes shaping the artists superstar image. When people say the music business is 90% business and 10% music, I think this is what they're talking about. We're literally creating the video from unstructured rolls of footage, and the only person in this room who makes music is me, and thats just by coincidence. Im actually down here as a screenwriter. Go figure.

I.V.A.N.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so inspiring Ivan :)

Anonymous said...

congrads who can keep you down nobody keep pushen because one of them stars are for you :)