Thursday, August 21, 2008

Santogold!



For those of you who don't know, Santogold is probably my favorite artist right now. She's a Brooklyn raised singer/songwriter who has written for artists such as Res and Gwen Stefani. Her self-titled release, dropped on April 29, 2008. Sonically, the album is a flawless fusion of musical genres, unlike anything I'd previously heard. In my opinion, Santogold and Rick Ross are competing for best album of the year (yeah, I'm saying Trilla was better than the Carter3).To listen to the debut album from Santogold, CLICK HERE. I actually flew from California to NYC last month to catch her free concert in Central Park. True Story.
This was the video for her first single. The song is called L.E.S. Artistes. She has a new video out, I just think this video is a bit fresher.

No comments: